Thursday, July 16, 2009

New Section

A couple weeks ago I went through a very large pile of old negatives and scanned in a bunch that for some reason or another I never got around to scanning. Most likely school was the reason (Go figure I went to a photo school and did not have enough time for my photos). Anyway Since school I have been definitely growing as a photographer. I feel that I have a better understanding of light and shadow, and my composition seems to be getting better as well. Not that I feel I was a bad photographer when some of these photos were taken, because that is not the case at all....I guess what I am getting at is that the things that used to make my photos good, and still does, was less in my control. Now I have been able to harness those happy accidents into tricks that I can pull out of my bag when the time is right, which makes all the difference.
But, it is not just behind the lens that I have been honing my skills. I feel that I am getting better in post production as well. And that my friends is the reason I am writing this. I would like to dedicate a section of my blog to my old stuff. Pulling happy accidents out of the archives and giving them a new twist. Many of these shots are not going to be re-edits either, I would like to focus mainly on the images, that have sifted through the nets somehow. The ones that got away.
On a side note, these images obviously may not be the ones that spark the most vivid memories, but that is half the fun. They were overlooked, when they were initially developed, but for some of them I still can remember part of the day because of the photos. So clearly this holds much personal value as well. Any memories from any photos in this section will be accompanying the images in order to set the mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment